If you or your home seller plan to hire a pesticide applicator,
- Shop around;
- Ask the pesticide applicator if he/she has a current Minnesota license to apply pesticide.
- Ask questions about the pesticide product, such as the name of the product and the active ingredient.
- Ask about the method of application.
- Ask where the applications may be made and what steps you can take to reduce unnecessary exposures (e.g. remove toys, objects from the room when the application is made).
- Identify steps that you can take to prevent the pest problem from reoccurring so that future pesticide applications will bot be necessary.
- For more information, contact the Minnesota Department of Agriculture at (651) 201-6000.
For more real estate questions and answers visit the Desktop Reference Guide!
The Minnesota Association of REALTORS® is the largest professional trade association in the state with more than 17,000 members who are active in all aspects of the real estate industry.