Top 10 Reasons to Attend the Housing Summit
Continuing your education is important in the world of real estate. Join hundreds of your peers across the housing and real estate industry at the Minnesota Housing Summit on October 3. Experts will share their knowledge about a variety of topics from home values to interest rates, from how Minnesota is changing to what the future holds for our industry.
Everyone who has a stake in housing should be there! Still not convinced? Here are the top 10 reasons to attend the Housing Summit.
- CFPB presentation – the CFPB is issuing mortgage regulations that will impact future buyers ability to qualify. You should know this before it happens.
- Minnesota’s diverse economy has gone through significant changes. Dr. Tom Stinson has followed these changes and understands how workforce/housing issues will be impacted.
- The Commerce Committees at the legislature will be considering a number of real estate regulatory bills next session – you should know what they are considering.
- New Radon Disclosure regulations go into effect on January 1st – this law will trigger testing and mitigation, something a real estate professional should understand.
- Department of Commerce Commissioner Mike Rothman leads the agency in charge of real estate and affiliate industry licensing – DOC actions impact your business.
- Dr. Herb Tousley of the University of St Thomas is the Director of the Shenehon Real Estate Center in the Opus School of Business. They track housing indices and can shed some light on values in 2014.
- Housing Fraud is still a problem, HUDs Office of the Inspector General and the MN Department of Commerce will review types of housing fraud and red flags for you to watch out for.
- Interest Rates are going up, Toby Madden from the Federal Reserve Bank in Minneapolis will discuss why, the future outlook and triggers you can discuss with your clients.
- Governor Dayton! When was the last time you had an opportunity to listen to the Governor live?
- $10 BUCKS! There is no way you will get more for less. 4.5 hrs. CE on timely topics, presented by interesting and knowledgeable instructors – and you get a sit down Italian lunch!
Register today, attendance is limited. Please review program details at: www.minnesotahousingsummit.org
The Minnesota Association of REALTORS® is the largest professional trade association in the state with more than 17,000 members who are active in all aspects of the real estate industry.